Thursday 26 June 2014

The Moriston River Race.

In May I competed in the UK's most extreme kayak race. This was the first time I had competed in an extreme race therefore my expectation wasn't too high. I was mainly there for a good time and for the chance to paddle a great river. 

We headed up to the highlands a couple of days before the race and headed out onto a low water Etive in the sun for a good laugh. We happened to bump in to a photographer in Glen Etive and he was super keen to get some shots of us running the river. All credit for the photos in this blog entry go to Geoff Reader. 

Anyhow, race day came around pretty quick and after a heavy night watching the Champions League final the night before we dragged ourselves out our tent and over to the river. My first run was awful. I managed to land top drop almost sideways and subsequently spent too much time upside down....However fortunately by the time my second run came round I had managed to smooth up this drop and clock an 11 seconds quicker time. Unfortunately I finished 58th so I was pretty dissapointed, so dissapointed in fact I have already sold my kayak and bought a new faster one! (looking for excuses....).

Enjoy the video below of a great weekend we spent in Scotland:



Here are some photos from our practice days on the Etive, credit to Geoff Reader:





Shout out to Overboard for providing some great kit for the trip up to Scotland. 
Check them out www.over-board.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment