Thursday 26 June 2014

It has been a busy 10 months.....

Over the past 10 months I have been super busy, hence very little blog updates. I'm going to try condense the past 10 months into one or two small updates so here it goes...

I have spent 10 months working for Accenture, we're management consultants based in central London. The nature of the job has mean I have spent time working at the BBC and a major bank. This has also meant I have been travelling around the UK a fair bit, and consequentially have earned enough air miles to fund a return flight to Geneva!

Throughout my time at Accenture I have been exposed to multiple areas of work, first of all communications, media and technology and then finally I spent 6 months in financial services. The most difficult part of this job is actually explaining to my friends what I do...This has never been successful. Hopefully the image below sheds some light:



Within my first 3 months at Accenture I had the opportunity to travel to Paris with senior clients from the BBC and the management team from Accenture. However this wasn't a important meeting or a client workshop, it was actually to support the BBC in their Children in Need activities. A team of 3 people, 1 Accenture, 1 Contractor and 1 BBC cycled from the Eiffel Tower to the Tower of London in 24hrs! Unfortunately I couldn't be part of the cycling team as their was only room for 3 bikes on the back of the support car, however I traveled along with the team and supported in navigation, nutrition and general mechanical issues. The team raised over £2000 towards Children In Need and a great trip was had by all. Enjoy the short video I produced for the trip:

https://vimeo.com/79624482

Whilst at Accenture I also had the opportunity to work out of town in Edinburgh. This was a great city and we had a very social team which meant we regularly got to explore parts of the city we wouldn't usually see in the working day. Below are a select few of my favorite photos from my time there:

A few members of the team after a great Sunset by the Forth Rail Bridge.

A panorama shot from a roof top high up in Edinburgh. What a great city.
I will sorely miss everyone I got to work with at Accenture, I will be back in a few years and hope to see everyone again,
Chyavan


No comments:

Post a Comment